16 July 2006

Three things...

... that make me happy today:


Second prize in the flatfoot competition at the Tazewell Fiddler's Convention (Julie, my "teacher" got first!)


Beautiful Ebony Lantern Moon needles, which I ordered months ago, before the moratorium on all purchases having to do with yarn. They were backordered and just got here today -- good timing. I needed a pick-me-up. They are so smooth and beautiful and... decadent!


The third thing has no photo. Any minute now, there will be a knock on my door. It will be Spitey, one of my bestest friends in the whole world (to be remembered from the month-hole sweater). He is making an impromptu trip to see me. I couldn't be more excited... the company of a friend who knows me like he does is soooo needed right now. So... I'll be back in a few days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Enjoy your sucess and the time spent with a good friend. That's the best prize of all.

Leah said...

Congrats!! That is so cool!

Have fun! :)

Chris said...

Congrats!! And I love wonderful things that happen (needles arriving, friend arriving) just when they're needed the most. Ahhhhh...

Laura said...

Congratulations and have fun with Spitey! :)