06 December 2006

Countdown

It's been hard to post lately. Though I've been doing a lot of knitting, most of it has been for the holidays, and I haven't quite figured out how to post about this knitting while keeping it a surprise. Some of it, I can post about freely. Such as these (which you've seen before):


Pattern: modified Fetchings
Yarn: Knitpicks Swish, in "wisteria"
Needles: Brittany, US 5 dpns

And this:


A tiny booty, with leftover yarn. The pattern is from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I thought I would give it a go, although there are no newborn babies in my life right now (and no promise of newborn babies in the near future -- I'm sure I just jinxed something or someone by saying that). Conclusion -- it's so cute, it makes me crave babies. And the double knitting for the foot is absolute genius.

If you are not related to me, nor think you're gonna get a handknitted gift from me this Christmas, you can click on the photo for another recent FO.


I also to post a "thank you" for this, my new wallet.


Some of you might recall that on my September trip to Philly, my purse (and wallet. and iPod) was stolen. I've been using a hand-me-down wallet from my mom since then, in the hopes that I could replace the wallet I had lost. In October, my friend Julie went out to Portland for an old time music gathering and while there, she replaced my wallet for me. It's made by Queen Bee Creations (the same people who made my old wallet) and I love it.

Lastly, the sky was pretty incredible when I went out to take pictures today. It smells and looks like snow, but it's not cold enough.


And, icing on the cake, my Christmas cactus is blooming.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Pretty wallet - how sweet of your friend!

I think I need to get a Christmas cactus - I love things that bloom and not one of my plants does. Well, I had one purple passion bloom about 8 years ago, but I'm not counting on that happening again anytime soon!

Anonymous said...

That wallet. Words . . . I have no words . . . I LOVE. Oh my god. I also know the perfect person to buy one for. Thanks for sharing!

Meg said...

cute little boot. gorgeous wallet too!