13 October 2006

Frost

When I woke up this morning, I felt snuffly and achey and knew that I needed tea. In order to make tea, I had to go out to the car to get the gallons of water I was too lazy to bring in yesterday. I stepped onto the porch and was greeted with frost -- our first this year.



Everything was so beautiful and sparkly... As soon as the sun hit it, though, it was gone.

Looks like the sickness did a little "fake-out." I felt good yesterday, but it's back with a vengance today. I've been through three pots of tea already. But finally --finally -- I got some writing done on my dissertation that I think I might keep. Fingers crossed that this is a sign of things to come -- I want to have a draft of this "mini-chapter" by Friday.

I got some knitting done in between writing stretches. I'm up the wrist and into the oak leaf pattern on mitten #2, made it to the first decrease on the second Conwy sock, and did my first round of "nubs" (a.k.a. p5tog) on the Swallowtail shawl. Hmmm. Let's just say that addi naturas do not make for good 'nub making' needles. I used the size 0 dpn from the socks to pull that purl stitch through. Tedious, but worth it in the end. I love the little pearl of yarn it creates.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

breathtakingly pretty shots. feel better!!

Chris said...

Amazing frost photos! Hope you're feeling better....