My god, I've been gone for a long time. I should have tons of knitting to show you, but tonight is not the night. It's dark and cold and I'm too lazy to rig up some sort of light system. Besides, I have embarassingly little knitting to show for the fifteen (!) days I've been gone, even with two 8 hour plane rides. So, I'll ease myself back into blogging with the following thoughts:
- my paper went extremely, extremely well. I felt very confident and comfortable reading it, I felt strong in my ideas and my arguments and, as a result, it was very well received. Thank you to all of you who asked!
- Hawaii is a truly incredibly place. I took almost 400 pictures while there and won't bore/tease you with them. There are some up on flickr though. The weather was beautiful, the water crystal clear, the flowers obscenely pink... it was paradise. I'm glad my friends and I got out of Honolulu though. We rented a car and drove around the coast of Oahu. That was my favorite part of the whole trip. Well, that and snorkling. It was a much, much needed vacation and I have returned feeling very sane (for me).
- Being able to justify yarn purchases because of Christmas? Priceless. I finally invested in some Koigu for a Christmas present. I can't wait to knit with it.
- Lots of days on vacation does not mean lots of knitting, apparenlty. I couldn't even manage to get a full pair of socks completed for November's Sock-a-Month. Damn.
- Hopefully tomorrow, I'll have FOs to post. Squirrel and Oak mittens are done (I wore them today on a long walk... cozy!), I finished a sock of my own design on the plane and need to get the second one OTN. Conwy's will hopefully soon be complete, as well as a scarf for a prof who wrote me a last minute recommendation. Stay tuned for more.
I feel weird about blogging, it's been so long. I'm very out of touch with everyone else, as I didn't read blogs the whole time I was away. But hopefully I'll be caught up soon. I hope everyone ate too much this Thanksgiving and is buckling down for winter. Seems like it's coming with a vengeance this year!