21 February 2006

basta!




Finishing, finishing, finishing...


Pattern: Elfine Socks
Yarn: Knitpicks Sock Garden in "Zinnia"
Needles: ? metal 40" circulars, US 2
Started: 24 January 2006
Finished: 18 February 2006

Notes: Not much to say... I am completely sold on the benefits of knitting two socks at once... I also really like knitting toe- up. I'm still not sure about the garter stitch at the top. You can see in the pictures that it's a little baggy. And I think melanie has skinnier legs than me. I also kinda wish I'd done one or two more lace repeats. I like long socks. But... It's too late now, I decided, and I'm mailing them off today.



Pattern: Handwarmers from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn: Knitpicks Andean Treasure in "Lagoon" (left over from Christmas presents)
Needles: Clover bamboo dpns, US 5
Started: 20 February 2006
Finished: 20 February 2006
Notes: They weren't kidding when they said this was a 2-4 hour project. I started this while watching Law and Order last night and finished in bed listening to the radio. Two and a half hours, tops. I've made a lot of wrist/hand warmers in my day. These are a gift for my friend Julie, and I love them. The stitch pattern is terrific -- enough streatch to comfortably get them over the hand, but finally NOT something that is ribbed. They also used exactly as much of this alpaca as I had left-over from 'hobo gloves' that I made my friend Amy for Christmas. So they were a total freebie-fun project.

1 comment:

Leah said...

What great FO's!! It makes me really miss knitting! Hopefully my finger will be back in shape soon & it will come easier again!

Thanks for sharing your square dance story! I really enjoyed it!