31 January 2006

splurge...

oooooh! late night splurging, but it's not what you think. I resisted the urge to buy kidsilk haze to make Aimee from Vintage Knits (still debating a color, and really, I should finish one project before I start another and I just ordered yarn for the hourglass sweater); I resisted the urge to buy Koigu, despite finding about fifteen shades of it that I love; instead, I did a little internet surfing and purchased two skeins of Socks that Rock. My excuse? Everyone's doing it and I'm a sucker for peer pressure. And I figure that will give me something to look forward to when I'm done with socks for Melanie and Sara. Then I have two pairs of totally awesome selfish socks for me!

I took a break from socks today and worked on my shrug. I'll post pictures tomorrow if I can manage. I just got accross the back to the other arm and am plugging away, ready to start decreasing. I want to finish it to wear this weekend... it's been a long time since I've made myself something and I feel like I need a treat :)

And thanks to everyone for all the positive feedback on my jaywalkers -- it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy (much like my socks!).

Lastly, because I don't like to post without a photo:


This weekend, my friends and I headed down to Hiltons, Virginia for the memorial service for Janette Carter at the Carter Family Fold. If you don't know about Janette or the Carter Family, you should check them out. The Carter Family are generally considered to the be the "first family" of country music and, well, they're amazing. Janette died last weekend... it's the end of an era, really. While we were visiting/filming at the Fold, we spent the night at my friend's parents house in Jonesboro, Tennesee. They have a llama and some sheep. Let me tell you, if I were a llama, I would choose to hang out in a field with a view like this one. It's amazing.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Much prettier than West Philly - gorgeous!

kim said...

Great blog! I hopped over from Laura's blog too... Great pictures (I love today's pic...just gorgeous!)

And the pic of the magic loop was just what I needed...(I had a knitter friend explain it to me, and I was majorly confused...one look at the pic....it all makes sense. I may become a sock knitter yet!)