13 January 2007

Hip-Hop-Happening Saturday Night

I realized today that I haven't left my house (other than to walk up the lane to the mailbox and back) in a week. No wonder I'm depressed. But I'm almost -- ALMOST -- done with my last major grant (three more days. Just three more days and I'm done).

My Saturday night?


[that would be a copy of my dissertation half-chapter that needs revision and the in progress ankle of an all-too-famous sock pattern. More on that tomorrow]

My hot date?


Oh yeah. That's right folks. It's either a sign that I'm a grown up or a hopeless dork, but this baby was one of my favorite Christmas presents. Cat hair dust bunnies don't stand a chance in the presence of the Turquoise Wonder. Ha HA!

Have a good weekend, all!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I don't have your e-mail, but I wanted to let you know that I picked you up a 4-pack of KY Bourbon Barrel Ale while I was in Lexington today. I'll get it to Julie the next time I'm at the station (1/23, I think), and she can get it on to you.

(thejtrain at gmail dot com)

Meg said...

geez, with guys like Jonathan around, it's no wonder you never have to leave your house!

Laura said...

indeedy we all need a friend like jonathan. care to share? :)

i LOVE your pomatomus! what is that yarn?

jennie said...

i SWEAR! Things like that (with Jonathan) never happens [way to go, J -- blowing my whole sad-helpless-girl-in-the-mountains-routine to shreds! :)]

Chris said...

I hope you are doing some crazy living room dancing to make up for not leaving the house. Listening to happy music and dancing always cheers me up. :)

Anonymous said...

I couldn't even imagine not leaving the house for so long--because if I did, I would not be able to eat after about two days. I used to have such a well-stocked kitchen . . .

I've waxed rhapsodic about Pomatomus on my blog, on other people's blogs, on message boards--so I'll spare you too much lustful talk. But yours look awesome!

Unknown said...

Is it wrong that after looking at the lovely sock my eyes went straight to 'oversize underwear' in your dissertation? *grin*