07 January 2007

2006 in Review

I'm back from my east coast rambles and cozily, if sleepily, installed back in my little mountain home. I'm still in the process of catching up on my blog reading, but it seems as though everyone had lovely holidays. I have a lot to post about, but I'm going to follow Rachel's lead, and stagger my posts. This saves y'all from a monster post and gives me fodder for posting all week while I try and pull together a grant application (nothing like starting a new year with grant writing. Woo hoo!).

I had a plan to post pictures -- like my last FO of 2006, etc. But I woke up this morning and, well, it's "froggy". See?


Bad light for new-photo-taking. So instead, I present you (a little belatedly) with 2006 in Review. It's been a big year. According to my files, in 2006, I knit:


1 sweater
1 shrug
13 pairs of socks
8 pairs of fingerless gloves
2 hats
1 scarf
1 pair of mittens
5 miscellaneous

Of these, 9 were for me (the shrug, 3 pairs of socks, 1 pair of fingerless gloves, the mittens, the hat, and the wrist rest) and the rest were gifts of "commissions" (i.e. "Hey, can you make me one of those?").

I still have 9 projects OTN, incomplete.

To Be Completed...

My goal for the beginning of 2007? To start getting some of these off the needle. Then I can make room for some new projects! More on my Knitting resolutions tomorrow!

3 comments:

Alison said...

A very productive year, and very lovely knits! It's nice to see them all together like that -- very colourful.

(Still no luck with Blogger, re: commenters' e-mails. Grr...)

Anonymous said...

Wow--that's a lot! All very wonderful. The fog is beautiful, even if it doesn't afford good photos of knits.

Jennifer said...

your pictures all look so lovely together. besides being quite an impressive year!